Last night’s college group was good for my soul. Scott and Jean Kim hosted us, a small group of 8 people, with terrific food & intimate storytelling. Some notable takeaways:
- marriage (don’t expect your spouse to “complete you” that is a lie. the only one who can truly fulfill you is God.)
- become a better person and make a good life.
- Life is messy, like the back of a tapestry, but when the tapestry if finished and flipped over, it is revealed to be a beautiful work of art.
- The quality of the questions you ask will determine the quality of your life.
- “The glory of God is man fully alive.” – St. Irenaeus (one of Jean’s favorite quotes…and from an early church father! )
- Regarding your career/vocation: Discover, Develop and Deploy.
- Cultivate the image of God (Imago Dei) within you.
I especially enjoyed Scott/Jean’s testimony about starting The Cambridge School. What a powerful story of a family courageously pursuing God-sized dreams!!!
Shameless plug of the day: If you own a Kindle or other e-ink reading device and are in need of a reading light, buy the Kandle!!! (Scott’s company makes this device which is, in my opinion, the best reading light for the Kindle, hands-down).